These new Wearables making Health and Fitness accessible and affordable to more consumers in Malaysia
Fitbit (NYSE: FIT), the leading global wearables brand, announced availability of new products:
Fitbit Versa Lite Edition™
Fitbit Inspire HR™
- and soon to be launched, Fitbit Ace 2™
These wearables are designed to help make health and fitness accessible to more consumers across the globe. Consumers can choose the best device for their own journeys with leading health and fitness features at an affordable price.
Beyond devices, the Fitbit platform offers users engaging software features, access to their holistic data, and connection to one of the largest global health and fitness social networks which helps to drive positive behavior change.
Fitbit will also soon launch a major redesign to the Fitbit app so users can further personalize their dashboard, better understand their data, discover new content and more easily connect with others on Fitbit’s social community.
The wearables category continues to evolve and grow, with global shipments of wearable devices forecasted to reach 189 million units by 2022, up from 125 million units in 2018, according to IDC research.1 While growth is being driven by smartwatches, trackers are expected to remain an important part of the category overall.2
Fitbit believes this rapid growth provides a large opportunity to bring new consumers to the category by offering both smartwatch and tracker form factors that feel more accessible and are affordably priced.
Affordable, accessible products fit for everybody
Building on the success of the Fitbit Versa™ family of devices, Fitbit Versa Lite Edition™ is:
- an everyday smartwatch with most of the core fitness and smart features Versa is known for, including automatic activity,
- PurePulse® 24/7 heart rate and Sleep Stages tracking
- 15+ goal-based exercise modes
- connected GPS
- smartphone notifications
- 3 apps
- 4+ day battery life4
- relative SpO2 sensor, which has the potential to estimate changes in blood oxygen levels and help track new health indicators about health, such as sleep apnea.
- features a simple one-button
- swimproof5 design in new bold color choices for the young at heart.
- At RM 768, Versa Lite Edition is Fitbit’s most affordable smartwatch yet, for users who want an attractive, versatile, and easy-to-use device with core features, actionable insights and personal guidance to motivate them to improve their health
- Versa Lite Edition will be available in white, lilac, mulberry, marina blue and charcoal.11
- Versa Lite Edition accessories feature materials including stain-resistant, swim-ready and comfortable classic silicone bands in six new vibrant, fashion-forward colors: marina blue, mulberry, scarlet, sunshine, lilac and charcoal. Sport-inspired hybrid woven bands (coming soon) feature eye-catching bold stripes: navy and pink, navy and mulberry, navy and orange, and black and gray
- All new Versa Lite Edition accessories are compatible with the Versa family of smartwatches, and existing Versa accessories are compatible with Versa Lite Edition.
Fitbit Inspire HR™ is:
- the brand’s most affordable and stylish 24/7 heart rate tracking device at RM468
- packs all-day automatic activity, exercise and Sleep Stages tracking, with 15+ goal-based exercise modes
- connected GPS
- Relax guided breathing in a stylish, slim design
- Inspire HR will be available in black, lilac and two-tone black and white;
For consumers who are new to wearables and want an even lower-cost, easy-to-use tracker, Fitbit Inspire™ is available at RM348. It has the essential health and fitness features to help consumers stay motivated, including automatic activity, exercise and sleep tracking, goal celebrations, Reminders to Move and timer and stopwatch apps to help users stay on track. Both products have a new modern, comfortable and swimproof6 design with a touchscreen display, smartphone notifications,7 and up to 5 days of battery life8 for day to night wear. Inspire is available for RM 348 in black and sangria.
Inspire HR and Inspire accessories are available in classic stain-resistant silicone in black, lilac and white, classic elastomer sangria, and in printed lilac bloom and soft pink deco. Fashion- forward accessories also include premium Horween® leather including new double-wrapped saffiano bracelets,14 stainless steel metal mesh bracelets15 and a clip option available only for Inspire; ranging from RM 68 – RM 268.
Fitbit Ace 2™ :
- helps kids ages 6+ learn healthy habits at an early age and encourages them to spend more active time with family and friends
- has a new swimproof design9 with a bumper to protect the screen during kid-related activities all day long
- available in fun and bold kid-friendly colors and accessories that include patterned designs
- debuts new animated clock faces
- 10 motivating challenges to keep kids moving
- colorful avatars and cover photos to personalize their profiles within the Fitbit app
- Additionally, parents must create a Fitbit family account in order to set up Ace 2 with their child’s account which helps them stay on top of their kids’ activities
- Ace 2 will be available later in 2019 in watermelon with teal clasp or night sky with neon yellow clasp. Ace 2 accessories come in classic silicone bands in bold energetic and kid-friendly colors: grape, night sky and neon yellow, and watermelon and teal, as well as playful printed bands featuring motivational messages and active graphics designed for kids (black and white “go!” and two-toned teal “jazz”).
Innovative app update to motivate and inspire
The Fitbit app will soon receive a major redesign, giving users more ways to personalize their health journey on Fitbit. The new design will make it easier to view and understand their health and fitness stats, log data, discover new content, see their progress in Challenges, and better connect with Fitbit’s large global health and fitness social community. The update also adds Fitbit Focus, a new section found at the top of the dashboard that delivers relevant insights, messages and tips to keep users engaged, informed and motivated.
Additionally, the Fitbit Community Feed is expanding this month to more than 80 new markets in nine languages to users across Asia, Europe and Latin America. A friendly and welcoming social network that provides support, accountability and motivation from friends and other like-minded individuals, this global expansion of the Fitbit Community will enable more users to fully unlock the value of the Fitbit platform.
Pricing, accessories and availability
A wide range of sport and lifestyle accessories are available to add personal style to all four products for any activity or occasion.
Fitbit Versa Lite Edition, Inspire HR and Inspire devices will be available at
- Harvey Norman
- Flash Gadget
- All IT Hypermarket,
- City Chain
- Best Denki.
Connect with us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and share your Fitbit experience.