Anyone up for this lovely Indian playback singer live performance?
The 36 year old singer has recorded songs for soundtracks and albums in various Indian languages and has established herself as a leading playback singer of Indian cinema.
Her “Shreya Ghoshal Live In Concert Malaysia 2020” are organised by Standard Chartered Malaysia and Hitman Solutions. She will be making her debut performance in Malaysia with a full live band at Plenary Hall, Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre on 23 February 2020.
Her success throughout her career are:
- nominated a total of 494 times and won 150 awards including:
-four National Film Awards
-four Kerala State Film Awards
-two Tamil Nadu State Film Awards
-seven Filmfare Awards including six for Best Female Playback Singer and ten Filmfare Awards South
- made her Bollywood playback singing debut with Bhansali’s romantic drama movie Devdas (2002) in which she received a National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer
- appeared as a judge on several TV reality shows
- been honoured by the state of Ohio in US where Governor Ted Strickland declared 26 June as “Shreya Ghoshal Day”
- in April 2013, was honoured in London by the selected members of House of Commons in the UK
- featured FIVE times in the Forbes list of the top 100 celebrities from India
- became the FIRST Indian singer to have her wax figurine in Madame Tussauds Museum in 2017
“I am super excited to perform in Malaysia for the first time and would like to thank our sponsor Standard Chartered Malaysia. I think this is a wonderful recognition from a global bank as it shows how much impact the Bollywood entertainment industry has made on the international stage and just how far it has come. I am looking forward to meet all my fans in Malaysia”
The concert will be featuring her hit tracks:
- Chikni Chameli (movie Agneepath)
- Dola Re Dola (Devdas)
- Deewani Mastani (Bajirao Mastani)
- Teri Meri (Bodyguard)
“We are proud to announce our first concert of 2020 presented by Standard Chartered Malaysia, Shreya Ghoshal Live in Concert Malaysia. Shreya Ghoshal’s multiracial fan base and big following here will ensure a great musical night. This is one of the most awaited Bollywood concerts in Malaysia after Shah Rukh Khan in 2013.” said Rohit Rampal, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Hitman Solutions Live Sdn Bhd.
Hitman Solutions is no stranger to concerts for the niche market in Malaysia having organised and hosted numerous Bollywood artistes for the past 15 years. Recently it organised the highly-successful “heavyweight Bhangra” concert Diljit Dosanjh Live at KL Live with a full house.
“Our 145th year in Malaysia is already shaping up to be a memorable one with a full year of exciting initiatives including megastar Shreya Ghoshal’s debut performance here. As a global bank, we serve a diverse client base and we are proud to be associated with someone who has been able to unite people through her music. Her huge talent and wide appeal have helped her reach out to an international audience proving that music truly has the power to unite people.” said Abrar A. Anwar, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Standard Chartered Malaysia.
Tickets are priced at:
- RM150 (Bronze)
- RM250 (Silver)
- RM450 (Gold)
- RM600 (Platinum)
- RM1,000 (Diamond)
- RM1,500 (VIP)
Fans can also call +601 2501 5783/+601 2380 5783 for reservations as concert ticket sales began on 6 January.
In conjunction with the concert, Standard Chartered Malaysia will be giving out complimentary tickets to eligible new and existing Priority and Premium Banking clients.
To know more:
- visit http://www.sc.com/my
- hotline no: 1 300 88 9999